2013 Yamaha APEX SE
Extreme Power Sports
You'll ride harder, faster and longer on the Apex®... and you'll feel great!
- Top Performance 4-cylinder Genesis 4-Stroke engine: The physical casting of the engine remains the same, but the valve timing, intake and exhaust tracts, airbox and exhaust pipes are all recalibrated for optimum midrange torque output as well as an overall top end gain.
- Airbox/intake: The intake tracts on the Apex have been lengthened by 11mm, as compared to the previous model. The engine utilizes the pressure waves in the longer intake tubes and in the airbox to boost airflow and maximize high RPM performance.
- Injector: The distance between the throttle valve and intake valve has been designed for optimum fuel delivery. In addition, the 4-hole injector on the throttle body creates a spray of finely atomized fuel, with droplets of just tenths of a micron in size. The spray is aimed directly at the intake valve skirt for maximum efficiency and performance. The result? Simply unmatched throttle response.
- EXUP exhaust pipe: Yamaha-exclusive EXUP valve technology controls the exhaust pressure waves for optimum intake and exhaust efficiency, delivering unmatched overall performance with more midrange torque. Additionally, the exhaust pipes have been enlarged to 38mm from 35 mm for added exhaust pressure wave efficiency.
- 15 x 128 x 1.25-inch Camoplast® Ripsaw™ track: The 128-inch track length is longer to harness the Apex’s huge midrange torque for great acceleration. The track has an open design to accept extrovert drivers.
- Engine Braking Reduction System: The Top Performance Genesis 4-Stroke engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders more of a “coast” feeling.
- Electric Power Steering: Industry-first electric power steering system is velocity sensitive, delivering maximum assist up to trail speed, and gradually tapering off from there. You'll love the EPS system because it helps isolate the rider from uncomfortable trail feedback, eases the effort required to move the bars, and provides excellent handling and predictability.
- Trail ski: The skis have great cornering agility and work in tandem with the EPS to significantly reduce hunting and darting.
- Front suspension geometry: The 15mm trail offset on the ski mount helps minimize inside ski lift due to centrifugal force during turns. And, by optimizing the amount of resistance from the snow surface that’s applied to the rear end of the ski, including forces from bumps and ruts, this offset helps the Apex achieve its amazingly smooth handling, including its excellent straight line performance.
- Rigid steering gate: The steering gate has a rigid single-piece construction designed to handle the additional forces exerted by the EPS system. The gate is made using Yamaha’s exclusive lightweight, yet rugged CF diecast manufacturing process.
- Hooked handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the Apex. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Short exhaust system: The Apex has a very short, compact exhaust layout. This helps keep the sleds mass centralized, which results in excellent handling. Another benefit of the short exhaust design is that the tunnel no longer needs to have a cast reinforcement piece to hold the muffler.
- Mono Shock™ II RA 128: The Mono Shock II RA 128 rear suspension uses a single shock to control the travel of the skid. The shock is remotely adjustable via a rotating dial located conveniently on the left side of the tunnel, near the driver’s leg. The suspension is widely adjustable to suit nearly any rider in nearly any condition. In addition to the remote adjustment, the Mono Shock II RA 128 is also adjustable at the coil spring and at the control rod. Decked out with highly engineered features, this trouble-free suspension can handle trail bumps with ease.
- Seat: The Apex's seat raises the rider’s hips approximately 2 inches for all-day trail riding comfort. The seat has a roomy storage trunk at the rear. It’s large enough to hold a couple water bottles, spare gloves, a fleece shirt….and an Xtremely Practical tow strap!
- HPG front shocks: The 40mm High Pressure Gas (HPG) shocks on the Apex's third generation front suspension geometry deliver consistent performance with excellent fade resistance.
- Concentrated hand warmers: These hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand’s most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Apex with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Windshield: The windshield and side deflector design, developed using computer modeling, provides maximum wind protection with minimum aerodynamic drag and swirl-in.
- Standard mechanical reverse: The Apex's simple reverse system allows riders to back out of tight spaces hassle-free. It's engaged with the lever located on the right shroud. Just pull out the lever and slide it to the right for quick and easy use.
- Dual DC outlets: The Apex offers two styles of DC outlets. It comes with a standard automotive-style outlet for cell phones, GPS or other electronics accessories. And it also comes standard with an RCA-style plug near the left hand grip to power up heated helmet visors or other small-plug accessories.
- Type / Displacement / cc: Four-stroke, 998cc
- Cylinders: Four
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore & Stroke / mm: 74.0 x 58.0
- Intake Design: 3 Valves
- Ignition: Digital TCI w/throttle position sensor
- Fuel Delivery: 4 x 39mm fuel injection, liquid heated
- Exhaust: 2 valves, rear exhaust (Ti) with EXUP
- Clutch / Transmission: YVXC, variable ratio, magnesium chaincase & cover, reverse
- Disc. Brake Type: 4-piston hydraulic aluminum caliper w/lightweight ventilated disc, mechanical parking brake, adjust lever
- Front Suspension: Independent, double wishbone
- Front Shocks: 40 mm aluminum HPG
- Front Travel / in.: 8.5 in
- Ski Type: Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Carbide Ski Runners: Standard
- Stabilizer Bar: Standard
- Rear Suspension: Mono Shock® II RA 128
- Rear Shocks: 46mm KYB® HPG w/ remote adjust
- Rear Travel / in.: 11.6 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw™
- Overall Length / in.: 111.6 in
- Overall Height / in.: 47.6 in
- Track/Width x Length x Height / in.: 15 in X 128 in X 1.25 in
- Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in.: 42.8 in
- Fuel Capacity / Gal.: 9.2 gal
- Fuel Type: Premium Unleaded
- Oil Capacity / Qts.: 3, Dry Sump
- Engine Oil Type: Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard, 9 position adjustable, independent control
- Windshield Height: Medium
- Mirrors: Optional
- Seating Capacity: One
- Tunnel Protectors: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen x 2
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- Oil & Temp Light: Standard
- Fuel Gauge Type: Electric (LCD), low fuel warning light
- Speedometer: Standard (LCD digital)
- Odometer: Standard (large LCD display)
- Tripmeter: Standard, dual (large LCD display)
- Tachometer: Standard, backlit (LCD)
- DC Outlet: Automotive & RCA
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 998 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 74.0 x 58.0 mm
- Engine Cooling
- 4 x 39mm fuel injection, liquid heated
- Digital TCI w/throttle position sensor
- 2 valves, rear exhaust (Ti) with EXUP
- Brake Type
- 4-piston hydraulic aluminum caliper w/lightweight ventilated disc, mechanical parking brake, adjust lever
- Drive Clutch
- YVXC, variable ratio, magnesium chaincase & cover, reverse
- Front Suspension
- Independent, double wishbone
- Front Travel
- 8.6 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Mono Shock® II Air
- Rear Travel
- 11.6 in.
- Ski Type
- Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Ski Stance
- 42.8 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw™
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in. x 128 in. x 1.25 in.
- Standard: LCD digital
- Standard: Backlit LCD
- Standard: Large LCD display
- 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.2 gal.
- Black/Silver, White/Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard, 9 position adjustable, independent control