2014 Yamaha SR VIPER LTX
Extreme Power Sports
SR VIPER LTX
The stretched Viper lets you cruise with speed AND style.
- High Performance Genesis 4-stroke engine: The over-achieving Genesis® engine is the heart of our lightweight and aggressive SR Viper model family. It pulls consistently hard from takeoff to top end. Your thumb cracks a trio of 41mm throttle bodies that deliver strong performance from idle to wide open.
- Fuel injection: The Genesis High Performance engine uses Yamaha’s advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine’s spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
- Engine braking reduction system: The Genesis High Performance engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders a “coast” feeling.
- Legendary Yamaha Clutching: The SR Viper LTX uses the legendary Yamaha YVXC clutching. Easily the most reliable and durable clutch system in the industry, the YVXC has evolved to efficiently handle the unique power characteristics of the Genesis 4-stroke engine.
- Multi-purpose magnesium chaincase: The SR Viper LTX’s chain case and cover serve as both a mounting point for chassis spars and the engine’s oil reservoir. Lightweight magnesium construction minimizes weight.
- High performance Hayes Brake system: The SR Viper LTX’s high performance Hayes brake system delivers stopping power with a large-diameter, 8-inch rotor. Mounted low on the drive shaft, you feel immediate whoa-power with a quick stab of the brake. The hydraulic brake’s race-inspired radial master cylinder design gives you excellent leverage when needed, with precise brake feel and control.
- 15 x 137 x 1.25-inch Camoplast® Rip Saw™ II track: The SR Viper LTX uses the extraordinary Camoplast® Ripsaw II™ track, measuring 15 by 137 inches, with 1.25-inch lugs. This evolutionary lightweight track design is the next stage of close collaboration between Yamaha and Camoplast. It features a durable single-ply design with next-generation lug pattern. The Ripsaw II has been designed to offer increased controlled lateral slide, allowing the SR Viper LTX to set up for the corner better while scrubbing off energy to keep both skis on the ground. The result is improved handling without the loss of straight line traction.
- Lightweight, rigid SRV chassis: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- SRV Front suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bumpsteer and maximized cornering bite and rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The a-arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide a-arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- Centralized mass design: The SRV chassis layout was engineered with the goal of centralizing mass. Approximately 60 percent of the sled’s weight is tightly centered within the main triangulation. The result is a quick-handling sled that’s fun in a wide variety of conditions.
- Side exit exhaust: The exhaust exits out the belly on the SR Vipers. The unique chassis layout allows the exhaust to exit the back of the engine, have the 3-into-1 manifold cooled by snow kicked up through a hole in the tunnel and then bring the pipe back to the muffler in a traditional configuration. The end result is mass centralization, excellent handling and consistent performance.
- Adjustable ski stance: The ski rubbers on the SR Viper LTX are asymmetrical, with a portion of the part serving as a spacer for the ski. This allows riders to adjust the ski stance on the Viper LTX from 42 to 43 inches, center to center, by simply switching the ski rubbers from left to right, and right to left.
- Over-the-engine steering: The straight steering post on the SR Viper LTX is configured over the engine. It connects to a single bell crank for simplicity and light weight. The design also minimizes freeplay in the steering system and delivers a tight turning radius.
- Plastic trail ski: The SR Viper LTX’s plastic trail ski features a single keel design. The deep, stiff keel delivers confident and consistent cornering bite across a wide variety of snow conditions.
- Tall, hooked handlebars: To match the SR Viper LTX’s tall and forward riding position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Comfort-tuned HPG shock package: The SR Viper LTX is calibrated for all-day comfort and high mileage adventures. Coil springs over the rebuildable, comfort-tuned HPG shocks add a smoothing action over chattered-out trails.
- Dual Shock SR 137 rear suspension: Bred for the trails but inspired by world class racers, the Dual Shock SR 137 rear suspension gives you a supple 13.5-inches of comfort-tuned travel. The SR Viper LTX’s high pressure gas shocks provide a premium groomed trail ride with fade-resistant action over the bumps or when you want to challenge the terrain. With a half-inch to slide freely under acceleration and deceleration, thanks to a unique front arm slotted mount design, the Dual Shock SR suspension keeps the track planted for maximum grip under full throttle or full braking. The rear axle features a conjoined rear wheelset. The ingenious design is lighter, more durable and more rigid than most traditional rear axle wheels.
- Tapered tunnel design: The SR Viper LTX’s two-piece, tapered tunnel gives you strength for the long haul and a tapered “fit” for enhanced leg comfort and overall ride positioning.
- Large fuel tank: The SR Viper LTX’s generous 10.6-gallon fuel tank combines with the Genesis engine’s acknowledged fuel efficiency to keep you on the trail longer. The Viper LTX’s efficient design philosophy means that even the fuel tank serves multiple functions. Not only does it carry gas for a long day on the trail, but it also cradles the battery and is the platform for the quick-release trail seat.
- Tall, sculpted seat: The seat foam on the SR Viper LTX is anatomically designed to comfortably put the rider in an aggressive posture with easy transitions from seated to standing to leaning into a corner.
- Heated seat: The SR Viper LTX comes with a heated seat to help keep you comfortable even in the coldest temperatures. The high-low-off control switch is located on the cab of the sled.
- Midheight windshield: The SR Viper LTX’s windshield was designed to be as functional as it is stylish. It features a tall height with precisely engineered curvatures providing maximum protection from wind and swirl-in, with minimum aerodynamic drag
- Digital gauge: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach and more. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- Push button reverse: Convenient handlebar positioning makes getting in reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha’s electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their SR Viper LTX with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha’s 4-stroke machines.
- Storage bag: Pack a snack and extra essentials in the rear storage bag. The handy semi-hard-side bag is easily removable at the end of the day’s ride.
- Type: 4-stroke / 3-cyl / 1049cc
- Engine Class: High Performance Genesis
- Clutch: YVXC
- Fuel Delivery: 3 x 41mm fuel injection
- Fuel Capacity: 10.6 gal (40L)
- Front Suspension: SRV
- Front Shocks: Aluminum rebuildable HPG
- Front Travel: 10 in (254mm)
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 137
- Rear Shock(s): C43 R13 aluminum HPG/ C53 R13 aluminum HPG
- Rear Travel: 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Track / W X L X H: 15 x 137 x 1.25 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw® II
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42-43 in (1067-1092mm) adjustable
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Push Button
- DC Output: Automotive
- Heated seat: Standard
- Color (s): Black
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- Type: 4-stroke; Engine Class: High Performance Genesis
- 1049 cc
- 3 x 41mm fuel injection
- Drive Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Suspension: SRV; Front Shocks: Aluminum rebuildable HPG
- Front Travel
- 10 in. (254 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 137; Rear Shock(s): C43 R13 aluminum HPG/ C53 R13 aluminum HPG
- Rear Travel
- 13.5 in. (343 mm)
- Ski Type
- Single Keel
- Ski Stance
- 42-43 in. (1067-1092 mm) adjustable
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw® II
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 137 x 1.25 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 10.6 gal. (40 L)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Push Button