2017 Yamaha PHAZER RTX
Stock Image: Black/Blue
Extreme Power Sports
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke / 499cc
- Engine Class: Sport Performance
- Clutch/Transmission: YXRC
- Fuel Delivery: 43mm Keihin fuel injection
- Fuel Capacity: 7.0 gal. (26.7L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Fox® FLOAT®
- Front Travel: 8.6 in (219mm)
- Ski Type: Tuner II
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock CK
- Rear Shock(s): 36mm, Aluminum HPG / 40mm, Aluminum HPG, Piggyback Compression Clicker
- Rear Travel: 16.2 in. (412mm)
- Track / W x L x H: 14 x 121 x 1.0 in (356 x 3072 x 25.4mm)
- Track Type: Camoplast® Ripsaw™
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42.5 in. (1080 mm)
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Push button
- Hand/Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen X 2
- DC Output: Optional
- Heated Seat: N/A
- Color: Black/Blue
- Genesis 499cc Sport Performance Engine: A clear leader in its class, the lightweight and dependable sport -performance Genesis twin was designed specifically to deliver a quick revving and torque laden power band. An advanced fuel injection system ensures consistent and efficient performance, while a counterbalanced crankshaft results in a smooth and super-crisp throttle response.
- FOX FLOAT 2 Front Shocks: FOX FLOAT 2 air shocks feature an infinitely adjustable, no tool required, air spring. By changing the air pressure in the main chamber with the included pump, the FLOAT® is the most progressive, adjustable, and lightweight air shock available.
- HPG Compression Adjustable Rear Shock: A 40mm, High Pressure Gas (HPG) aluminum bodied rear shock features a remote reservoir for increased oil capacity and reduced fading. A compression clicker adjuster allows riders to tune to conditions and riding preferences.
- Lightweight YZ Style Seat: Inspired from our family of motocross bikes, the lightweight seat is taller and narrower than a traditional snowmobile seat, providing greatly enhanced ergonomics for an active riding experience.
- Tuner II Skis: Developed exclusively by Yamaha engineers, the Tuner II Ski incorporates a dual keel design that can be calibrated through various runners and carbide lengths for rider preference. The Tuner II Ski dramatically reduces darting and steering effort while retaining predictable and sharp handling characteristics.
- Dual Shock CK Rear Suspension: The conventional designed Dual Shock CK rear suspension is unique to the Phazer in several ways. First the suspension is built upon a narrowed, 14-inch track design for ergonomics and nimble handling; the suspension also incorporates oversized rear carrier wheels to improve efficiency and reduce friction. A premium HPG clicker shock handles damping duties for the terrain capable Phazer R-TX.
- 1-Inch RipSaw Track: The popular RipSaw pattern track is narrowed to just 14-inches for ergonomics and handling, while 1-inch lugs provide the ideal balance of traction for the sport-performance Phazer R-TX.
- YXRC Clutching: Featuring Yamaha drive and driven clutching, the lightweight YXRC system delivers smooth engagement, instant acceleration, fast reacting backshift, and cool operating temperatures for a long belt life. Just like its big brother YVXC clutch system, the YXRC is smooth, responsive, and durable.
- Wide Running Boards: With its rider active design, narrowed seat, and sculpted cockpit, the Phazer platform touts wide running boards with additional grip for a sure-footed stance.
- Rear Exit Exhaust: Often considered a hallmark feature of many Yamaha snowmobiles, the Phazer platform also touts a rear-exit exhaust system that is exposed to the snow under-seat for additional cooling.
- Link Type Sway Bar: A standard link-type sway bar keeps the front suspension planted and flat, even in rutted, high-speed turns.
- Extruded Aluminum Spindle: Saving weight and creating a nimble and responsive riding experience was at the foundation of the Phazer platform. Extruded aluminum spindles are lightweight yet incredibly strong.
- Rider Active Cockpit: From the sculpted seat, wide running boards, and open design of the controls, the Phazer platform was designed with the rider who like to be “one” with the machine when riding.
- Wide, Hooked End Handlebars: No other touch point is more important to a rider than the handlebars. Yamaha bars are flat and wide, engineered for comfort, control, and natural ergonomics. Integrated hooked ends add additional control while cornering, and feature heated grips across that span the entire length.
- LED Taillight: The high-intensity LED taillight/brake light is lighter and brighter than a traditional incandescent design, and delivers a significantly longer lifespan.
- Digital Gauge with Push Button Reverse: The compact handlebar mounted digital gauge is packed with information and is displayed on a large face, easy to read gauge. In addition, a convenient electric push button reverse is housed within the gauge package and actuates a servo-controlled reverse gear.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke Sport Performance
- 43mm Keihin fuel injection
- Drive Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: independent, Double Wishbone; Shock: Fox® FLOAT®
- Front Travel
- 8.6 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: Dual Shock CK; Shock: 36mm, Aluminum HPG / 40mm, Aluminum HPG, Piggyback Compression Clicker
- Rear Travel
- 16.2 in.
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Ripsaw™
- Track Dimensions
- 14 x 121 x 1.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.0 gal.
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push button